Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Sweet Visions" - Write The Vision and Make it Plain

On the first day of the New Year, I had the pleasure of being authentic with some new and old friends. We let our hair down [I dont have much at all these days lol], drank some Mimosas and did some arts and craft. We created Vision Boards, something that I never took the time to do. I mean, I ve done a little scrapping here and there, but nothing serious. Ive written things down in a journal and they came to pass but I never took the time to put my thinking into action via paper, glue and scissors.

The purpose of a Vision Board is to simply make a collage of all the things that you want to do, have or be in life. It’s so easy to say it, but once you put these things in action, a new world opens up for your life. Proverbs 29:18 states, “Where there is no vision, the people perish; but he who keeps a vision is happy”. It is important that we align our vision at the beginning of a New Year so that we stay focused throughout the year.

We tapped into our deepest thoughts, dreams and desires. Once we started to share what we created for our boards, the atmosphere changed and God showed up. Where there are two or thre gathered, there He is in the midst of them. Oh, He was there! One friend spoke about her seperation from the church and I was amazed at how the girls chimed in and started to speak into her life. We all expressed out battles with weightloss, failed relationships, and lack of money management. The act of cutting out pictures and finding words that expressed how much we desired something different for the New Year brought peace into our lives. Faith was certainly activated my doing.

I look forward to creating more genuine friendships, having bountiful blessings in my personal business, and a romantic love life that I deserve. Ive had enough with having superficial friendships in my life, this "Sweet Visions" meeting showed me that its okay to open up in a safe place, trust and appreciate my girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Be Shy...Please Share Your Thoughts!