Monday, February 14, 2011

MyChoKolateKisses Speaks to D.I.V.A.S. are Diamonds

I had the pleasure of speaking to a group of remarkable young "divas". D.I.V.A.S [Developing Intelligent Volunteering Achieving Students] was founded by and educator, Monique Dewberry. I entered the platform to "God in Me" by Mary Mary. The girls sang along, I did my two-step across the room and spoke to the girls about love and self-image. Its always easy to look at someone in admiration, but one never knows what that individual has been through to get there.

I spoke about my struggles in college, failed relationships and friendships and the decisions that I made. I gave them insight on how I got to where I am now - by having a vision. I cannot stress enough about how important it is to create the world that you want to live in by simply SPEAKING it. Life and death lies in the power of the tongue, says Proverbs 18:21. I was pleased at how the young girls were receptive to my warm speech. I asked questions and they engaged in the conversation. At the end of the presentations, I had the chance to briefly get to know a few girls while I offered light makeup applications. This was a great experience and I was honored to be apart of it. If you would like to donate or know a young girl who needs a great mentor visit www.divas-are-diamonds.com

4 comments:

Don't Be Shy...Please Share Your Thoughts!